"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Be Afraid...Be Very, Very Afraid

Last night, while I was writing the post about the Crusty Ass Pancakes, my oldest son, Marty, and Vic had a discussion that alternately scared me and made me wonder what kind of good drugs they had been taking. Yes, it really was that weird a conversation.

It all started a couple of days ago, May 2nd to be exact. That was when I found this picture that Anissa posted via worth1000.com
I'm sure you can imagine how funny everyone in my family thought this Star Wars take off of the Last Supper is.

Last night when I was writing the other post, Vic and Marty started discussing this picture and quickly decided the artist had the wrong people in the positions. For example, they said Luke should not be in the Jesus position. Their pseudo-philosophical discussion quickly gathered steam and veered off the tracks. Pretty soon they weren't limiting themselves to who filled what last supper role but they were figuring out who filled what New Testament role. I'll give them a bit of credit...they at least limited themselves to one trilogy (1, 2,and 3) instead of tackling the whole Star Wars mythology.

I mentioned the Star Wars Last Supper picture and asked who was in the Jesus position...

Marty: Luke was in the Jesus position but I don't think he should have been.
Vic: Then who should have filled the role?
Marty: Well, it depends on which trilogy you are talking about...maybe movies 1, 2, and 3.
Vic: Ok, should Anakin be Jesus?
Marty: Nah, Mace Windu was the main good guy who died in the end. He would be Jesus.
Vic: Yeah, and Palpatine would be Pontious Pilate.
Marty: stops to think
Marty: If Mace Windu is Jesus, Obi Wan is the next main Jedi. He would be Peter because Peter was the main disciple.

I sit and bury my head in my hands, just shaking my head.

Vic: laughing What's wrong, hon?

I don't say anything but just go back to typing.

Marty: And, Anakin is the one who betrays everyone so he has to be Judas.
Vic: Yeah, yeah, Padme should be Mary Magdalene. It's a stretch because Mary Magdalene was closer to Jesus but I think it's the best female role for her.

Marty cracks up laughing. After a few minutes, he gets himself under control.

Marty: We're either going to hell or God is up there laughing his butt off at us.
Me: Only in my house...only you two...Y'all need serious mental help.


Please tell me I'm not the only one who has things like this happen. Should I be scared or just go with the flow? Does anyone else have any casting suggestions?