"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, May 25, 2012

In Which He Channels His Inner Al Bundy

I had a very scary revelation earlier today. When my husband sleeps, he channels his inner Al Bundy. Those of you under the age of 30 might not know who Al Bundy is but you know the actor who plays him...Ed O'Neill/Jay Pritchett from Modern Family.

Now, Al Bundy was a character in Married with Children which was one of the funniest shoes on television. For the era it was on, Married with Children was groundbreaking and pushed the envelope of what was acceptable. Al was misanthropic, miserable, sarcastic, and judgmental. When Al was at home, you often saw him on the couch, in front of the TV, in a pose like this...
Yeah, Al sat around with his hand down his pants...something many men wish they could do.

Luckily, Vic is nothing like Al Bundy during his waking hours. I couldn't live with a man like that although I spent 10 yrs laughing at him on TV. But, I discovered my husband channels his inner Al Bundy when he sleeps. The past few days, when I've gone through our bedroom while Vic was sleeping, he was lying there sound asleep with his hand tucked into the waistband of his shorts. God help me...the Y chromosome is polluting his brain.

What embarrassing or funny trait does someone in your life have? Names can be falsified to protect the guilty...bwahahahaha.